Scripture: Luke 3:7-8a, 10-14, 21-22
This week our Pastor spoke on bearing fruits worth of repentance. If you’d like to read the sermon for yourself the link is above. Below are a few highlights from the sermon that I felt were important and worth remembering and thinking more about.
- Repentance is more than words, and baptism is more than ritual
- Words without action communicates only hypocrisy, and a rite without change is a lie.
- To bear fruit worthy of repentance, is to live into a life-long process of conforming to the will and way of Christ.
- New life is not magic, it does not simply happen and then you go on with life as usual. It is a realignment of thinking and living.
- You can connect with Christ through prayer, study and service.
- The most effective prayer is the one you offer.
- ACTS: A – Adoration (Praising God) C – Confession (Lifting to God all of our failings and shortcomings) T – Thanksgiving (Giving thanks to God for all the blessings you have) S – Supplication (Asking God to watch over you and others).
- The most important aspect of prayer is that you do it.