This past Sunday, Rickey Wade preached a sermon titled “Jesus for the World”
The scripture for this sermon was Matthew 2:1-12
If you want listen to this sermon or past sermons you can do so here.
I also have the sermon text 1.7.18 Jesus for the World
and our discussion guide that we use for the weekly LifeGroup that my Husband and I lead every Wednesday night from 6-7:30. Jesus for the World discussion guide
I took some notes from this sermon which you can find below:
- At what point do we recognize sin in the world and commit ourselves to replacing it with Gods love?
- Where is the line between helping and harming and endorsing and empowering?
- The church is content to be a collection of people who are all the same.
- The world needs Christ. Christ is available to all.
- Many who come to Christ won’t be like us.
- Everyone needs forgiveness, understanding and compassion.
- Be people who know Jesus and love Jesus well enough that we can accept others just where they are, walk along side of them, and be mentors in faith.
- Love one another into a loving relationship with Jesus Christ without feeling the need to judge.